Friday 15 January 2016

Mr. Dale's Diary


EXTRACTS from a diary that have been sent to Northern Voices.  This is the fifth extract.

Diary of a Man of our Times

Friday, 15th, January 2016:
There I was sat, independently, amongst the rabble whilst they were debating something or other. Of what I do not know. I wasn't paying attention.  I was thinking about me.  I pondered, when oh when will I get the Knighthood I so truly deserve.  I thought the book might have got me an honour, an OBE perhaps, standing for other buggers efforts.  People can say what they like but I got the credit.  So ***k 'em.
The Ex would love the press opportunity of a royal garden party.  She could take selfies of the puppies on the palace lawn, and some with the corgis too.
Alas, the dream had to end and one's work had to continue in the bar, hopefully my man is running HQ properly.  I wonder what's in the Sundays.  Other people putting stuff in the paper for free p***s me off, it gives them ideas.  One paper did an interview without paying.  Still, the reporter was a nice young thing and very accommodating!
*******





 

No comments: