Wednesday 2 March 2016

Mr. Dale's Diary


EXTRACTS from a diary that have been sent to Northern Voices
This is the diary of a man of our times. 
Any resemblance to anyone living is, of course, purely coincidental.

Wednesday 2nd March 2016


Land Ahoy! And about bloody time.
The things I have to do. Ginge, the big man and my man brought bad news. Apparently the borders of my fiefdom are being changed! It’s my fiefdom, it should be up to ME where it is, but they say higher authorities deem adjustments. With that in mind I had to start making myself known beyond the boundary. “Gerrup t’ t’lake” said Ginge, “there’s folk a plenty will si thi up theer” So up I go. Quite a nice standard of area.

ME walking on water
Once there, my importance was instantly recognised. Locals were most welcoming. One said, “Fancy riding Lady Alice?”. I was more than interested. A lady, the daughter of a Duke, plenty of money there, and possibly a few young honorable misses and debutants in the wings for texting and future references. Very nice. And the ride. Well, of course. It’s been a while now. So off I strode with girded loins for the fun ahead. Turns out it was a bloody boat and I had to go into photo opportunity mode instead.


I smiled, but inside was devastated. Bollocks.
https://mrdalesite.wordpress.com/2016/03/02/wednesday-2nd-march-2016/
******

No comments: