Monday 19 September 2016

Mr Dale's Diary

Mr Dale's Diary  sent to Northern Voices

This is the diary of a man of our times. Any resemblance to anyone living is, of course, purely coincidental.
Monday 19th September 2016
The serfs and celebrities gather in the centre of my fiefdom to unveil a statue. But what is this? The statue is not of ME ? Astonishing! My statue must still be work in progress so that it is fine tuned to represent my perfection, like Michelangelo’s David or Rodin’s The Thinker.


I hear there are also some arty things going on, might get to do some still life painting, of young ladies of course. I could strip off as well just to make them feel at home. I wonder if the models do home visits?
The amount of my office space ought to be able to be utilised. I have utilised it before, but that was not for money! Maybe I could provide space for accommodation, put in a few beds and a kettle to go with my iron.


The Big Man appears to be well on with his projects. One is involved with someone based in a foreign location. I have offered to go out to represent him, being as it’s a nice holiday location. He has declined even though I said I would not be taking my ex. Even my man seems to know more than me about what’s going on. He was gossiping excitedly about something on the telly – chicken grills and an ex of mine. All sounds very odd -this requires investigation.
******





No comments: