Sunday 26 July 2015

'Death of Freedom' & Glasgow Radical Comment


annarky's blog.

views and poetry from an anarchist perspective.

 

      Away back in 1951, or there about, I started reading the newspaper, Freedom, and more or less from then on continued to read the paper. I also wrote a couple of pieces for my favourite paper. Of course it was never perfect, but since 1886 it was a voice of reasoned anarchism, it was always there when others faltered and failed. I was utterly gutted when it folded and just couldn't understand why. The final statement in the piece "Transforming Freedom" by Andy Meinke still rings in my head, as the sort of statement one would have expected from some fascist group that closed down the paper Freedom, "---Kropotkin might have started it but we fucking finished it".

An article from a couple of months ago, by Christopher Draper in Northern Voices, throws some light on the demise  of that long standing flickering light of Freedom:

Who Killed Freedom?: an unauthorised history 1. 

Christopher Draper

Who killed Freedom?www.northernvoicesmag.blogspot.com  


 radicalglasgowblog.blogspot.com

Visit ann arky's home at www.radicalglasgow.me.uk

1 comment:

Queen Cortese said...

this is a pretty nice post I really like it. we Roofer In Glasgow providing roof service at cheap rate as compare to market.