Welcome to
the Tory nanny state.
Tory leader, Kemi Badenoch, wants to stop the unemployed having a fag and a pint and wants to cut their benefits, if they don't get back into work within six months. Kemi calls this "tough love." I think people receiving state benefits, have been keeping the tobacco industry going for years. The higher you go up the income groups, the less likely they are to smoke cigarettes.
Customer service in Britain is abysmal, appallingly bad, and the Americans would never stand for it. What I see in Britain today, is a lot of under-employment. I often leave food in supermarkets because they won't pay people to man the checkouts and I am loath to use self-service tills. It's a sort of protest against piss poor customer service. What supermarkets are aiming for is a completely automated supermarket that doesn't employ any floor staff. It will be a shop lifters paradise.
Yesterday, I spent most of the morning failing to make contact by telephone with a human being at British Gas so I could query an electric bill. I found it impossible to get past the android or robot who was asking me totally irrelevant questions. I tried using their chat line and got no response. Unless I can get to speak somebody about this electric bill to query it, British Gas won't be getting paid. Capitalism is so inefficient.


No comments:
Post a Comment