Thursday 3 October 2019

It’s Alright to Persecute Christians!

by Les May

I THOUGHT we had long ago stopped persecuting people for their beliefs in this country. I was wrong.  Saying, ‘I do not believe you can be born gay and I do not believe homosexuality is right’, is enough to get you sacked.   The actress Seyi Omooba was dropped from her role in The Color Purple for tweeting this and backing up her belief with a reference to a passage in the Bible.  As the passage also tells us that, the sexually immoral, the idolaters, the adulterers, the thieves, the the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers and the swindlers will not inherit the kingdom of God either, and I’m not aware that any of these groups have complained, it leads me to think that the group who are whingeing are what my dad would have called ‘mard arses’ or in modern parlance ‘snowflakes’.

I should add that I am not a Christian and I think people who treat the Bible as a reliable document or that they know God’s thoughts about what people get up to in the privacy of their bedroom, are a bit gullible.  But that is no reason to persecute them for their beliefs.



************

No comments: