Saturday 2 April 2011

"Tis time to dance a reckoning" A homage to the spirit of revolutionary song!

Red Rag To A Bull

A Poem by Gary Peter Ferguson - From Stalybridge.

To all their misdemeanours
To all their folly and lies
Thy theft, thy fraud, thy treachery
So spoken so despised
Like cattle with nought in fodder
So forced I stand to shudder
Tis locked out factory gates
To all thy bricks and mortar
Thy bankrupt welfare states
To bankers pound and sold
Like in oozing festering sores
So neat a Cowell sum
To sweet and candy divas
Thy swindling musical scores
For neat Beijing sandwiches
In seas of China tea
Thy despot Gordon Brown
Laid his fiddle down on me
AY- In all their misdemeanours
To all their folly and lies
Where Elgar’s sweet fine music
Sold in beauty to thine skies
Where Liberals bought their powers
To votes so sold by knaves
Thy Tories sold this story
Tis Land of Hope and Glory
In all thy light was shattered
Like low Pound high yield Dollars
Thine only God is profit
Ye well heeled toffee scholars
AY- For all thy rent and mortgages
Thy thieving wretched lies
Thy tax avoidance fillies
And their cheating corporate flies
Tis time to show our red rag
Show the red rag to the bull
Tis time to hang our red rag
Hang our red rag round a bull
Tis time to dance a reckoning
To level out thine score
Set all the church bells ringing
Let thy anger voice be heard
I’ve only just a started Lord
Let not their gun smoke quell
I’m sure if you are listening Lord
My slumber with eternity
Would not be spent in Hell
Tis time to show our red rag
Show the red rag to the bull
Tis time to hang the red rag
Hang the red rag round a bull
So be driven hard like nails boys
With hearts of English oak
Tis time to dig our furrows
Let thy toffees wear the yolk
To sweat them like an oxen
In the fields of their theft
Even up thy averages
Hang red rags round their necks
AY-For all my misdemeanours
For all my folly and lies
I cannot hold my tongue no more
For those I so despise
To Shelley, Keats, and Byron
I write these words for thee
Rise up my sleeping giants
For its time to come to tea
Tis time to wear the red rag
Show the red rag to the gun
So come my friends, my comrades
My Sisters, Brothers too
Be not ye all afraid or a mind confused to dull
Tis time to hang our red rag
Hang thine red rag round the bull
Tis time.

In homage to the spirit of revolutionary song, both past and present.
Wherever, whenever, by whatever means foul or fair.
Without fear of their religion, laws, corruption, deceit, bullets, torture and death. Onward, onward.
It is the very least we owe to humanity.
It is the debt we must all render to our salvation, prosperity, and future.
In the words of the Prime Minister of our Nation State
We are all in this together.

No comments: